In the event that you do not qualify for a government subsidies you should consider exchange plans options as well as off-exchange plans to find policy that best meet your needs and budget. Take your time and compare your options, use our guidance. We are certified to provide you with both on and off exchange plans.
Be aware that open enrollment period for 2016 starts November, 1 and ends on January, 31 for both on-exchange and off-exchange plans. In some circumstances you may qualify for special enrollment period if:
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Losing other health coverage
- Moving to a new residence
- Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Leaving incarceration
- For people already enrolled in Marketplace coverage:
- Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
Note: Voluntarily quitting a Marketplace plan mid-year doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.