Obamacare 2016 enrollment period is approaching, what we need to know?
Here are some key dates you and your family need to keep in mind.
- November 1, 2015 – 2016 Open Enrollment begins
- This is the first day you can shop and enroll in a 2016 health insurance plan. It’s also important that you make sure your account information is up to date to reflect any changes to your income or family.
- December 15, 2015* – Last day to renew or choose a plan to avoid a coverage gap
- This is the last day to renew or choose a plan to make sure coverage will start on January 1, 2016.
- January 1, 2016 – First date health insurance coverage begins
- This is the plan effective date if your clients renew or choose a plan by December 15, 2015.
- January 31, 2016 – 2016 Open Enrollment ends
- This is the last day you can make changes or enroll in a new 2016 health insurance plan, without potential penalty for being uninsured.
- UIB Agency is committed to you, get a free information on plans available for 2016 by visiting our website at www.uib.agency/obamacare or by calling 877-336-3806 or 954-305-8878.